Listen to this Article
00:00 | 00:00
You should be as invested in your brand health as you are in your personal health. Much like a blood test can identify high cholesterol or a scale can tell if you’ve gained weight, there are several ways a business can understand how well it’s faring, how it can improve, and how it can identify potential obstacles or unmet needs. That’s why any business that cares about its future should have a reliable brand tracking program.
What is a brand tracking program?
Think of a brand tracker as a physical exam to understand the impact of brand-building activities on your business. A tracking program asks real consumers about the way they engage not just with your brand, but also in your category at large.
The tracker monitors responses to these questions over time and delivers real insights that can help you make educated and confident decisions about your marketing and product development.
A brand tracker can help you:
- Spot opportunities, threats, and changes in the marketplace before your competitors do,
- Assess the impact of marketing activities and how those activities resonate with consumers, and
- Improve your financial performance by identifying areas and activities that deliver an acceptable ROI.
Of course, you also need to ensure your brand tracker is effectively designed for your needs.
Expert insights to inform your brand tracking program
At Material, we’ve built hundreds of brand tracking studies for some of the world’s largest and most iconic companies. In our experience, we’ve found that the most successful tracking programs have 6 elements in common, which we’ve compiled in a guide.
What you’ll learn
- The 6 components of a successful brand tracker,
- How to kickoff your brand tracking program to set yourself up for success, including with a thoughtful RFP,
- How to get quality data from your brand tracker,
- What questions a brand tracking program can answer,
- Behavioral science tools and methods that can reveal unconscious insights and motivations in brand tracking,
- Analytic tools available to make sense of your brand tracking data,
- Best practices for keeping your tracker nimble without sacrificing insights, and more!