Innovators have always been the gatekeepers of a brand’s longevity, and that onus has intensified during a global pandemic. Across industries, innovation has moved to the center of most short- and long-term growth strategies for companies.
Innovation insights from innovators, for innovators
To learn more about what’s driving this renewed focus on innovation and its implications to team workflows and pipeline success, we surveyed innovators across industries to understand the organizational realities they face as they look to the new year (and what lies beyond that).
Our survey results uncovered an imbalance between the pressure placed on innovation success and the team structures, processes, and even the absence of these tools expected to execute this strategy. Based on our findings, there may be just as many threats to the pipeline internally as there are in the marketplace.
How does your experience compare to your innovation peers?
Among 140 innovation decision-makers that are Director-level and above at their organizations:
- Over half (57%) aren’t extremely confident that their organization knows how to make strong, timely decisions on which ideas to pilot and launch;
- 84% believe their organization can greatly benefit from improving their current innovation processes;
- 59% are not sure they have the right people with the right skills needed to deliver high-quality innovation;
- Only 9% are confident their innovation pipeline can withstand internal and external pressures over the next 12 months.
If you see yourself in this data, we have some tips and insights to help you better prepare for 2022. If you don’t, consider this report a deep dive into the state of your competitors’ worlds.
What you’ll learn:
- Drivers behind the fluctuating confidence innovators have in their pipelines for the upcoming year,
- The various internal roadblocks stopping an effective and efficient iterative ideation lifecycle,
- Gaps that lay between high-level company strategies and a deeper understanding of both the consumer and the market landscape,
- Recommendations from our experts on enabling consumer-centered decisions for your brand’s future, and more!